Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bellin Run Blog: Neither Pretty Nor Fast, But done!

Schedule: 6.2 miles (10K)
Goal:          90 minutes or less.
Time:         93:47

Other: What a difference a year makes! Last year at this time, I could only run for 20 seconds at a time. Four days short of one year later, I ran my first 10K. It was neither pretty nor fast but it was done. I missed my goal of a sub 90 minute 10K by 3:47 but I beat my six mile run by 4:56. All in all, it didn't suck.

Highlights of the Bellin Run (for me and in no particular order):

1. Running with my sister Trisha.

2. Watching a harried volunteer try to get people to go into the corral through the entrance rather than just jumping the barrier.

2. Witnessing the winner (Lani Rutto) cross the finish line mere moments before I began my run.

3. The banjo guy at one of the entertainment stations. In my oxygen deprived state of mind, I thought I was in the movie "Deliverance" and that caused me to run faster... a lot faster!

4. That wonderful person at 2.5 miles who was smoking a cigar in the crowd. If I wasn't running a fricking race you would have found a size 14 swimming in your large intestines.

5. The two teenagers at the last water station who decided to get into a water fight instead of handing out water. Feh!

6. The "Look Lively Your Going Past A Cemetary" sign was the best one of the day!

7. The incredibly guiltless Monster Burger and curly fries I had at Hardees after the race!

8. Being beaten out by an 81 year old woman. True story. She was amazing!

9. Seeing my parents and my two nieces cheering us on at the finish!

10. All the well wishes I got from my friends.

So ends my quest to run a 10K. Other quests and improvements on this one are out there. However, for today, I will say I did well.

As always, stats down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment