Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sara Cravens On Planned Parenthood

The following is reprinted, with permission, from Sara Craven's FaceBook page.

Sara is a comedic actress now residing in Los Angeles. She was born and raised in Tenesee and is a proud Christian. Her post about the necessity of Planned Parenthood was one of the most thoughtful writings on the subject I have ever come across. For those of you who think the battle for Planned Parenthood is a secular vs Christian battle, please consider the following:

It is unfathomable to me that any woman could vote for Romney/Ryan. For many reasons, but the health issue particularly hits home for me...

I'm not looking to start an argument, however I feel it's necessary to give a real-life tangible account, to counter the inaccuracies that are being spouted off about Planned Parenthood (when I'm certain most of these spouting-folks have never set foot inside a Planned Parenthood and obviously have NO CLUE what they do there.)

2 years ago I transitioned from a corporate job to being a full time actor, and with that transition, I obviously lost my cushy corporate-job insurance. Pap smears and cancer screenings are ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for women. Wanna know where I got my pap smear and cancer screenings? Planned Parenthood.

Have I ever gotten an abortion and do I ever intend to get an abortion? No. Were most of the women there with me getting the same screenings/checkups as I was? Yes. Am I so excited at the prospect of making a ton of money someday so I can donate gobs of my money to amazing facilities like Planned Parenthood that helped me out when I needed it? You bet I am.

It's not a satanic abortion house, ill-informed persons. Please get your facts straight before talking about a facility that is a beautiful place doing a lot of wonderful things for women.

Ladies, stand up for yourself. OBAMA is fighting to protect your rights.

And also might I add, bet on the 47%ers. Some of us actually make something of ourselves...and gladly return the favor when we're able :)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

2 comments:

  1. Ignorance is truly bliss to the opponents of any facility that smacks of *pro choice*. How ANY woman goes along with the propaganda is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete