Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bellin Run Blog (To catch you up. Workouts 1-3.)

Of the many resolutions I made on New Year's Eve, the one that I both dreaded and looked forward to was running in a 10K. As you might recall, last year I went from barely being able to run 20 seconds at a time to running 2 out of the 3.125 miles of a 5K. Quickly, after running the race, my lifestyle went back to extremely sedentary. I was starting to get worried I would drop out of condition to really have a chance of running the complete 10K. (The end of the first week I was scheduled to do a 2 mile run.) On top of that, a bad fall damaged my left knee a hair bit so I was worried that would impede my efforts.

I am quite happy to announce, after my first three workouts that I am on schedule and although my knee is a bit bothersome, I am on schedule for my workouts. It looks like I am on schedule to run the entire 10K in early June... especially of I temember to start my hill training next week.

I don't have any stats of my first three workouts as my phone was on the fritz but the completed workouts were:

     1. A fifteen minute run.

     2. Another fifteen minute run.

     3. A two mile run.

More updates as they happen including a more typical blog post about workout #4 coming later today.

As always, I would like to thank both my sisters Ashley and Trisha for giving me sage advice. Thanks ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment