Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bellin Run Blog: Workout 15 (The Fourth Was Almost With Me!)

Schedule: 4.5 mile run

Result: Ran about 3 miles, 1/1 interval training 1.5 miles

Other: I started off rather well and as soon as I got past the top of Jefferson Hill, I really felt like I was going to have a great run. I did too. All the way past Rhode Island street and starting to approach Memorial. Then my legs strted looking at me and as though to question my sanity. Then my legs were fixing to go intona full blown rebellion so I decided to change my run into interval training. (One minute run, one minute walk.)

Still, after a week off and not really doing more than two miles for two weeks this went better than I thought. I was expecting a time of AT LEAST 1:15:00. I did just a hair better than that and I am both pleased and disappointed with my performance (if you can believe that.)

Still, for a run this was an all time long and the next three weeks I will be doing all time bests for distances. All in all, not bad for a recovering chain smoker whose shape is more round than a "V". ;-)

As (almost) always, stats down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment