Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bellin Run Blog: Workout 18 (Back On Track!)

Schedule: 5 mile run.

Result: 5 mile run.

Other: Beyond a shadow of a doubt, this is the longest run I have ever done. Ever. Period, amen! Since I first learned to walk. Not even in HS did I ever run this far. Not only is this the farthest run I have ever ran, the 10.2 miles I put also qualifies as an all time best amount of mileage I put in for a week.

You might have noticed, I am pretty proud of myself. To think, just one year ago I would have died trying to run such a distance. I probably wouldn't have been able to put a half mile in before I either just collapsed from exhaustion or fell down dead.

This run also puts me back on track to do my primary goal which is to run the entire length of the Bellin (all 10K or 6.2 miles). I might not look the prettiest doing it or have the fastest time (both are understatements) but I will be able to do it.

Today was good.

Stats down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment