Saturday, June 30, 2012

5K Blog: Workout 14 (Pain may be temporary but it still HURTS!)

Schedule: Interval Training (90/210) for 2.2 miles

Result: Workout complete in 34:58

Other: It didn't start out quite the way I wanted. My knee was bothering me just a touch when I ended warmups. After two intervals, I didn't notice the knee anymore. Breathing was a hair difficult in the beginning as well. Fortunately, that improved with time as well.

Despite the shaky start, I had a really good workout. My endurance increased enough this week that I was confident I could have done another 90 second running interval if I needed to.

Please note the 2.2 mile workout was .3 miles short of last week's goal. My sister (Coach Tickle-Squirt) realized I was doing a 10K training schedule and adjusted accordingly. (PRAISE BOB!) However, I think I could have done the extra .3 miles but was damn glad I didn't have to.

Also worth noting: My lungs feel like they were getting stretched out a bit this workout. Hurts a bit but at the end it feels pretty good.

Anywho, for everyone's amusement, here's a picture of me after I finished this workout:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment