Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bellin Run Blog: Workout 10 (Picking Up the Pace.)

Schedule: 25-30 minute run.

Result: 30 minute run.

Other: I think the hill training is paying off already. (Damn, that was quick!) My route was to follow Third Ave., continue down it as it turned into Memorial Dr and continue straight until I reach the fifteen minute mark then start to work my way back. I did a similar route last week and I reached Eighth Avenue at around the 12:30 mark. Today I reached Eighth Avenue at about the 10 minute mark.

I ran all the way down to 12th Ave before it was time to start heading back home. I headed up 12th to Rhode Island, followed Rhode Island as it turned to fourth and finally ended my run by the new municipal building on Michigan. You're welcome to figure out the mileage but my guess is at least two.

Today's run felt really good and it actually felt like I was running today rather than a slow, plodding jog. I pushed myself pretty hard today but knew when I had to take it easy. I have a sneaking suspicion I might look back on this as my breakthrough run. (At least I hope!)

Coming on Saturday: a 3.5 mile run. Stay tuned, this is starting to get fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment