Thursday, April 11, 2013

Bellin Run Blog: Workout 7 (Running In A Winter Wonderland... In April)

Schedule: 20-25 minute run

Result: Ran for 22:22

Other: The general condition of sidewalks in this, so called, city was absolutely shitty today. Most people didn't even bother shoveling. Many of the businesses didn't bother clearing their sidewalks. (Right Great Lakes Yacht Service? Your sidewalk on the 1st ave side was impassable even with Yak-Traks!) Praise Bob my sister Ashley gave me a pair of Yak-Traks for Christmas two years ago or I don't think I would have been able to run today.

Speaking of Ashley, I saw her about halfway through my run. She was driving her car and pulled over to give me some encouragement. I learned today runners encourage each other much like we used to in football. That is to say loudly and lewdly. She is quite correct as I have had sexual relations with people who were mothers. ;-)

Overall, the snow made the run more difficult which was just fine but this is April and I would like to have a run with the sun shining and the birds chirping. Just once before May, please...

No comments:

Post a Comment