Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bellin Run Blog: Workout 8 (5K down, 5K to go!)

Schedule: 3 mile run.

Result: 3 mile run.

Other: A look at the time and average speed is pretty disappointing until you consider the fact that at least a good half mile of my run was through slushh and slippery sidewalks that you couldn't get any decent footing on even with Yak Traks. In fact, I know I expended a lot of extra energy just to get through those areas.

Also, I find my running motion to be affected while wearing yak-traks. They're designed so you can run on packed snow but there is a handicap in wearing them. That's my excuse for the time and that's the one I am sticking by.

However, I am most pleased to actually run a complete 3 miles which, if you were reading my 5K blog, you will know that I couldn't run the whole thing (although my time was better).

Anywho, I got two rest days coming up and I am going to celebrate today's run with the drinking of beer and the eating of hot wings!

Stats down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment